Monday, December 23, 2019

New 35 Whelen

Last summer I was browsing an online firearms site and came across a new, in the box, Remington CDL Special Edition 35 Whelen. After a bit of dickering the rifle was on its way to my home.

The photographs of the Whelen in the ad had looked great, so I was really anxious to see it... And sure enough, the rifle was exactly what I had hoped it would be.

I love quality wood stock rifles for their look and feel. The only problem is that wood stocks are not as well suited for hunting as are synthetic stocks; not if you hunt like I do. After a couple of seasons my wood stock rifles are chipped and scratched... Miles of cross country hunting in thick difficult terrain does that. Even worse, the temperature and moisture extremes I put my rifles through make it hard for most wood stocks, even pillar bedded and free floated ones, to hold zero. I speak from experience.

... Keep Reading







No comments: